What is WordPress
WordPress is the most widely used platform for creating a blog. It’s because it’s very simple to create a page in WordPress. You don’t have to be a web designer or don’t need to know coding, simply write the content add images with the help of page/post editor, review the page and publish and your page is ready on your site. There are many ready-made themes available to use as per your need. Also many plugins are available to add the features like improve your site SEO, adding social sharing buttons/icons to the page.
How to install WordPress
There are mainly two methods to install WordPress on your site.
1) One click auto installation of WordPress
2) Manual installation of WordPress
If your hosting contains the feature of one click installation, you can see it in your cpanel’s software section. Softaculous is one which might have in your cpanel, you can ask for your hosting provider to have this feature.
If you have Softaculous then it’s very simple for you to install many software including WordPress.
Auto Installation of WordPress using Cpanel
Here’s how you can install WordPress using cpanel.
- Click on Softaculous from cpanel
- You will see the most popular software list on the page. If it’s not there you can search it by the name . In our case it’s WordPress.
- Click on install WordPress from te software list
- You will be asked for some basic details like where to install the WordPress (folder path), username, password, admin email address etc. Fill the details and click on install. If some information is missing you will get an error message, if you filed the all the details, installation will begin.
- After finishing installation successfully you will get message with site url, admin url and username. Your WordPress is now ready to start your blogging.
- Go to admin URL seen after successful installation. It’s usually “your site_url/wp-admin/”. You can change it latter from settings in admin panel your site is now ready with WordPress to build your site
Manual installation of WordPress.
Its not very tough to install WordPress manually, just follow the instructions to install it correctly.
- Go to the WordPress site for downloading. Download WordPress
- You will get the zip file. Upload it to your server from cpanel or through the ftp client like FileZilla Client.
- Extract the zip to the desired location(to the folder inside your public_html directory) where you want to install WordPress.
- Go to the browser and type url where you have extracted your WordPress files. You may be aware of our public_html directory is the home directory for your site content. If you have added file to the public_html/WordPress/ folder you will see the site as “your_site_domain/wordpress/“.
- You will see the installation wizard.
- Please fill all information needed as instructed by the wizard. You might need to manually create database before proceeding. Just finish the installation wizard.
- Go to the “your_siteurl/wp-admin“, you will be asked to select a theme. Select one from list
- Now your WordPress is ready to get started with your first blog.