Search Engine Optimization or SEO is a process that helps the website increase the ranking in search engine results. But it is not a short process. It takes months of continuous work in different aspects to better understand the readability and SEO of the content. Once the search engine starts crawling the keywords, the site will start getting more traffic. Slowly, the site ranking in the search engine becomes better day after day. But if you think you will skip some part of the SEO process, it will not give you adequate results in return. There are two main types of SEO – on-page SEO and off-page SEO. There are some differences between these. two types of SEO. Let’s check them out.
In simple words, on-page SEO makes the site content SEO friendly and easy to read. There are three main things that you need to do in on-page SEO.
- Use the keywords in the page title and page copy.
- Optimizing the meta description to stand out in search engine results pages
- Use of HTML code and alt tags
These three are the main foundation of on-page SEO. Apart from that, there are some other factors that you need to consider. Make sure the content makes the proper approach because the content is the king. Do proper research on the focused keywords and decide the ones most suitable for your website. Next is the title tag and meta descriptions. You need to arrange them in an SEO-friendly style. You also need to do some internal and external linking to the content. The image alt text should have the keyword mentioned. Breadcrumbs are navigational aids that inform website visitors where they are on your site and help Google understand your website’s structure. A small text path typically located at the top of a page, a breadcrumb indicates where the user is, with every step being clickable.
While other factors of on-page SEO deal with content quality and structure, the performance of your website are on-page ranking factors. Pages that take a long time to load or don’t render properly on the mobile rank lower in SERPs, as users get frustrated, leave, and increase the bounce rate. Apart from that, the content and website should be mobile-friendly. Otherwise, it will force the visitor to zoom in and read the content. That is pretty annoying in today’s world.
Off-page SEO maintains the page ranking factors that occur off your website, such as backlink creation from another site. It also includes different promotion methods like social media promotions or Google Adwords. The main factors of off-page SEO are:
- Backlinks: creating healthy backlinks brings more traffic to the page. You need to pay attention to few things like Guest blogging, Being featured in an industry publication, Guesting on a podcast, participating in the community forum, etc.
- Domain Authority: You need to measure on a scale from 1-100. Domain authority is measured by a few different factors, including the history of the domain name, the number of backlinks, and 404 pages.
- Social promotion: it is one of the most important off-page SEO for your website. Page ranking isn’t tied directly to the interactions on a social media post. Th that case, social posts that generate many clicks will undoubtedly help boost traffic to the site and generate a ton of link shares.
- Local SEO: Local SEO is essential for your website to promote it locally. You can use Online reviews on sites like Google My Business, Yelp, and other review sites for this job.
So these are the difference s between the on-page and off-page SEO of a website. But one is not complete without another. Therefore, to make your website fully optimized on social media, you need to continue with both forms of SEO.